Find a HVAC Profesional in Greeley, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a common time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be an easier time to book.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Colorado // Greeley
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Greeley, CO
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Greeley, CO. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy way to hire the best contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our platform.