Find a HVAC Profesional in Fort Collins, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Colorado // Fort Collins
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Fort Collins, CO
You can rely on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Fort Collins, CO. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and hire the right candidate for your project.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.