Find a HVAC Profesional in Cowdrey, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several things that will influence the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Cowdrey, CO
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Cowdrey, CO, then our platform is the answer. The roofing contractors featured on Thumbtack have the experience you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.