Find a HVAC Profesional in Akron, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a popular time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This means that waiting later in the year could be an easier time for an appointment.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more severe weather. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with the heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire property. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential part of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Colorado // Akron
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Akron, CO
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance professionals in Akron, CO. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many professional contractors available to assist. With our user-friendly app, you can find the finest roofing maintenance services in Akron, CO. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your property now.