Find a HVAC Profesional in Grass Valley, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this can really postpone the job. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Typically, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Grass Valley, California
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Grass Valley, California. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and find the right candidate for your project.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient solution to find the best professionals for roofing maintenance services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our app.