Find a HVAC Profesional in Goleta, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a good time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be a better time to schedule.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important component of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Goleta, California
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Goleta, California. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and find the right candidate for the job.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient option to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our app.