Find a HVAC Profesional in Fairfax, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Fairfax, California. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Typically, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Fairfax, California
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Fairfax, California, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing experts featured on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you need for the job at hand. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Regular maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many professional roofers available to assist. With our powerful platform, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Fairfax, California. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your house right away.