Find a HVAC Profesional in Fair Oaks, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will influence the overall cost. Usually, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // California // Fair Oaks
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Fair Oaks, California
When you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Fair Oaks, California, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing contractors featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re searching for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing project.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy way to find the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our platform.