Find a HVAC Profesional in Empire, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a good time for a replacement, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be a better time for an appointment.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Empire, California
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance companies in Empire, California. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free way to hire the right companies for roofing maintenance services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our app.