Find a HVAC Profesional in Edwards, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential part of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Edwards, CA. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Edwards, CA
When you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Edwards, CA, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing contractors featured on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Hire someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.