Find a HVAC Profesional in Del Mar, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this can really delay the project. If a storm is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Del Mar, CA
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Del Mar, CA. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Find someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.