Find a HVAC Profesional in Costa Mesa, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in Costa Mesa, California. Storms will put a halt on work and this can really stall the project. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will influence the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // California // Costa Mesa
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Costa Mesa, California
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Costa Mesa, California, then our platform is the answer. The roofing contractors you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you’re searching for. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
It's crucial to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need professional, roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to help. With our easy-to-use platform, you can get the finest roofing maintenance services in Costa Mesa, California. Find the perfect contractor for your house today.