Find a HVAC Profesional in Corona Del Mar, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your property. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such an important component of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // California // Corona del Mar
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Corona Del Mar, CA
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Corona Del Mar, CA. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy way to hire the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our platform.