Find a HVAC Profesional in Big Bear Lake, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to postpone the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will establish the total cost. Commonly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Big Bear Lake, CA
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Big Bear Lake, CA. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and hire the right professional for the job.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get professional, roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that a few of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy way to hire the right contractors for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.