Find a HVAC Profesional in Bass Lake, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get in touch with a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a great time for a replacement, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting until winter could be a better time for services.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Bass Lake, California
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance professionals in Bass Lake, California. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance company, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to assist. With our streamlined app, you can get the finest roofing maintenance services in Bass Lake, California. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your house now.