Find a HVAC in Bakersfield, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the best season for roofing projects?
Despite what season it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a common time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why waiting until winter could be an easier time to book.
Many roofing contractors have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
How much is the rate for most roofing experts per square foot?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the materials being used and the labor. Of course, the overall cost will differ depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
How long does it take for a roofing contractor to build a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
At what time should I think about getting an inspection done for my roof?
The majority of roofers suggest twice-yearly inspections for your roof since regular check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not getting an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Bakersfield, CA
You can rely on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Bakersfield, CA. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and find the right candidate for the job.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.