Find a HVAC Profesional in Bakersfield, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The average roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to postpone the job. If a storm is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Bakersfield, California
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance professionals in Bakersfield, California. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, book an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
No one should deal with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified roofers available to help. With our easy-to-use app, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Bakersfield, California. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your house today.