Find a HVAC Profesional in Applegate, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to stall the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Applegate, CA
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Applegate, CA, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing professionals you'll discover on our site have the skills and qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient way to find the best professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our app.