Find a HVAC Profesional in Alamo, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will establish the overall cost. Typically, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Alamo, California
You can count on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Alamo, California. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for the job.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
No one should deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to assist. With our user-friendly app, you can find the finest roofing maintenance services in Alamo, California. Find the perfect contractor for your property today.