Find a Profesional in Alameda, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Alameda, CaliforniaSearch Results // California // Alameda
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the normal price charged by roofers for a roof replacement job?
It’s difficult to come up with a precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several things that will establish the total cost. Mostly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What cost can be expected for roof maintenance services?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major call for specialized knowledge and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
What should I expect to pay per square foot for a roofer's services?
Roofing services can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Needless to say, the cost per square foot will vary with the products that are being used for the job.
What's the approximate time required for building a replacement roof?
The time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this can really delay the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing specialist will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Alameda, California
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance professionals in Alameda, California. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also collects useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. How can you tell when you need roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free way to hire the best companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our app.