Find a HVAC Profesional in Acton, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a common time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This means that waiting later in the year could be a better time for an appointment.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. Even though the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential part of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Acton, California
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance professionals in Acton, California. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you notice some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Find someone who can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.