Find Window Air Conditioner Repair in Tempe, Arizona
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT WINDOW AIR CONDITIONER REPAIR
What are some important considerations when deciding on a window air conditioner repair contractor?
It would be a good idea to do your research before selecting a window air conditioner repair contractor to ensure you get the highest quality services for your money. Regardless if you're searching for regularly scheduled maintenance or a one-off repair around Tempe, Arizona, check for these key factors from the agency or contractor:
- Experience - There are many makes and models of window air conditioners on the market, and some function with different systems and components. Always check that the contractor you're considering has knowledge of your specific make and model by asking them upfront.
- Certification - You should verify that the technician has the proper licensing to do repairs in Tempe, Arizona and any training certificates.
- Guarantees - Your appliance may have a warranty from the maker, so ask your contractor about calculating that in the cost of repairs. Picking a contractor that provides warranties on their work will give you confidence.
- Service Schedule - Routine business hours aren't always convenient for effectively cooling and heating your home. You may find window air conditioner repair professionals who provide on-call services in case your machine goes down over the weekend or holidays.
- References - Most dependable contractors will have references from past clients confirming their skills and professionalism. Look at their online reviews to get a sense for how efficiently the technician provides quality work and customer service.
What is the most frequent problem in window air conditioners?
You shouldn't wait for the moment your window air conditioner breaks down to look for repair services in Tempe, Arizona. Troubleshoot your machine for any of these common problems to decide whether calling in an expert is warranted:
- Age - The average window air conditioner should last a decade, though regular maintenance can increase the service life to 15 years. Consider hiring a contractor to conduct preventive maintenance if your unit is near its prime, especially if you notice any performance problems.
- Strange Noises - It's common for a window air conditioner to produce some sudden sounds as it powers on, but any loud bangs, pops, or grinding noises are concerning.
- Bad Smells - Any burning or mildew smells emanating from the window air conditioner as it operates means it should be repaired. Wiring problems are a fire hazard, while mold might be behind the mildew smell and be a danger to your health.
- Increased Electric Bills - A faulty window air conditioner might be drawing more electricity than is necessary when functioning correctly. Turn to an expert to repair the unit if you notice your bill going up more than usual whenever the machine runs.
How soon should I expect the need for repairs on a typical window air conditioner?
Hopefully, you purchased a quality window air conditioning unit, which should survive around a decade before needing to be replaced. In the meantime, regular maintenance and repairs are suggested once or twice a year to ensure it operates properly and delivers the most extended life possible.
The best time to have your window air conditioner serviced in Tempe, Arizona is during the spring before it sees heavy use over the summer, and once in the fall before the heating feature becomes necessary for the winter. Other than repairs, a professional can safely disassemble the unit if necessary to clean its parts before further issues occur. Cleaning the interior of the machine is the only way to stop mold from accumulating which might jeopardize your air quality. Any dirt or debris that accumulates in the unit could also affect overall performance if not cleaned.
Window air conditioner repairs are relatively affordable and helps to stretch your investment as long as possible before buying a new one becomes absolutely necessary. You might even get discount rates if you hire a professional to provide regular repair and cleaning services throughout the year. Compare repair specialists on the Thumbtack platform and find one who matches your budget and needs.
Do window air conditioners have to be replenished with refrigerant?
Your window air conditioner is likely a closed coolant system that shouldn't need replenishing with freon at all during its service life. If it does ever need recharging, it typically means there is a leak in the unit, and you need a professional to take care of the job. If the unit is not cooling properly, follow these basic troubleshooting steps to help you understand if the problem is related to leaking freon or something more common:
- Inspect for Leaks - Look for greasy spots on or beneath the machine accompanied by a musty or sweet smell. Freon is usually imperceptible to the senses in the case of a leak, but a big one might result in a detectable residue.
- Clean or Replace Filter - The maker of your specific window air conditioner provides instructions on cleaning and replacing the filter, which, when dirty or clogged, will diminish the unit's performance.
- Inspect the Coils - The machine has evaporator or condenser coils that also must be kept clean to ensure it functions efficiently.
- Check Ventilation - The condenser behind the unit needs proper airflow to operate. Check that nothing obstructs circulation, including plants or other materials, and remove them if so.
If you have no experience performing these troubleshooting measures or feel overwhelmed doing them alone, consider hiring a contractor to handle it all for you. A window air conditioner repair expert in Tempe, Arizona will be able to determine which one of these problems is affecting its performance or if escaping freon is indeed the culprit. An experienced contractor can also tell if the leak is the result of a faulty machine, potentially saving you money if the manufacturer offers a warranty.
Preserve Your Window Air Conditioner With Repair Technicians on Thumbtack
Dependable window air conditioner repair contractors around Tempe, Arizona are waiting to be hired on Thumbtack. Repairing your portable air conditioning unit will be cost-effective if it's less than ten years old and the repairs don't cost more than purchasing a new one. With the high price you can expect to pay for a good window air conditioner and the affordable rates provided by repair contractors, you'll be doing a lot of favors for your wallet and the comfort of your house by scheduling a service date right away.
Window air conditioners are closed cooling appliances designed to be put in a window or a specially designed opening in the wall. These appliances are commonly used to cool individual rooms or small spaces and are popular for home and business settings. Much more affordable than installing whole-home air conditioning, a window unit will effectively cool or heat a room any season of the year. It's common for some parts to finally fail from constant use, though scheduling routine maintenance from a contractor to clean and repair the unit in the spring and fall will help keep yours working when you need it most.
Regardless if you want regularly scheduled maintenance or repairs whenever problems arise, an expert repair professional has the tools and training to do the job quickly. Contractors providing HVAC repair will be licensed to work with regulated chemicals like refrigerant used in closed cooling systems. An expert will also possess the experience repairing the many complex components within these units and will even clean them to prolong their service life. Things to consider when selecting a contractor to do your window air conditioner repairs include industry certification, customer reviews, service hours, and cost. Similar information and more is compiled on Thumbtack so you can effortlessly and reliably maintain one of your home's most essential systems.