Find a HVAC Profesional in Saint David, Arizona
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Saint David, Arizona. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this can really delay the job. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Usually, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Saint David, Arizona
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Saint David, Arizona. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. How do you know when you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.