Find a HVAC Profesional in Paulden, Arizona
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Commonly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Paulden, Arizona
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Paulden, Arizona. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you access to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for your project.
Our app also collects useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
No one should put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified roofers available to assist. With our powerful platform, you can get the finest roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Paulden, Arizona. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your house now.