Find a HVAC Profesional in Palo Verde, Arizona
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really postpone the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Arizona // Palo Verde
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Palo Verde, Arizona
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Palo Verde, Arizona. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and find the right professional for the job.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of licensed roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient option to find the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.