Find a HVAC Profesional in Munds Park, Arizona
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a popular time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a more convenient time to call a contractor.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with the heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Munds Park, Arizona
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Munds Park, Arizona. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and find the right candidate for the job.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
No one should deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to help. With our user-friendly platform, you can find the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Munds Park, Arizona. Get the premium roofing services you need for your home right away.