Find a HVAC Profesional in Hereford, Arizona
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Hereford, AZ. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to delay the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Hereford, AZ
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Hereford, AZ. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.