Find a HVAC Profesional in Glendale, Arizona
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Glendale, AZ. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several things that will determine the overall cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Arizona // Glendale
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Glendale, AZ
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance companies in Glendale, AZ. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.