Find Window Air Conditioner Repair in Avondale, Arizona
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT WINDOW AIR CONDITIONER REPAIR
Do window air conditioners have to be recharged with refrigerant?
Your window air conditioner is probably a closed refrigerant system that doesn't need replenishing with freon at all throughout its service life. If it does ever need to be recharged, it typically means there is a leak in the unit, and you need a professional to handle the repairs. If the unit is not cooling properly, follow these basic troubleshooting tips to help you pinpoint if the problem is related to depleted freon or something more common:
- Inspect for Leaks - Look for grease spots on or underneath the machine and a musty or sweet odor. Freon is usually invisible to the eyes and nose in the case of a leak, but a significant one may leave a detectable residue.
- Clean or Replace Filter - The maker of your specific model provides a guide on how to clean or replace the filter, which, when dirty and clogged, will impact the machine's performance.
- Inspect the Coils - Your appliance has evaporator or condenser coils that also must be kept clean to ensure it operates correctly.
- Check Ventilation - The condenser outside the appliance needs adequate airflow to function correctly. Ensure that nothing obstructs airflow, such as plants or furniture, and clear them if so.
If you have little experience performing these troubleshooting steps or are overwhelmed doing them alone, consider hiring a contractor to do it all for you. A window air conditioner repair contractor in Avondale, Arizona will be able to pinpoint if one of these issues may be affecting its performance or if escaping freon is indeed the culprit. An experienced contractor can also tell if the leak is a result of a defective machine, potentially getting you a refund if it is still under warranty.
Are the benefits of repairing a window air conditioner worth the cost?
Putting in whole-home air conditioning will cost thousands of dollars in Avondale, Arizona and isn't an option for those renting or with financial constraints. The most cost-effective alternative are window air conditioning units, but even these typically cost hundreds of dollars. Replacing these appliances will be more expensive than repairs, making it a smart investment in the long run.
Opting to repair existing window air conditioners rather than replacing them may be based on your long-term goals. If you plan to install central air in your house, repairing curent window units might be the best short-term solution. But window air conditioners also have benefits over whole-home systems, such as increased energy efficiency, portability, and being able to work as supplemental cooling and heating with central air. Consider your needs and goals and compare them to the price of repair services offered by professionals on Thumbtack to figure out if they will be worthwhile.
How do I choose a window air conditioner repair technician?
It will be a smart idea to do your due diligence when choosing a window air conditioner repair professional to ensure you get the highest quality services for your money. No matter if you're searching for regularly scheduled maintenance or a one-off repair around Avondale, Arizona, check for these key features from the agency or contractor:
- Experience - There are several types of window air conditioners available, and some have a variety of systems and features. Always make sure the professional you're vetting has knowledge of your particular make and model by asking them upfront.
- Certification - You can verify that the technician has the proper licenses to do repairs in Avondale, Arizona and any training certificates.
- Guarantees - Your appliance could be under warranty from the maker, so ask your contractor about including that in the price of repairs. Hiring a professional that offers warranties on their work will give you confidence.
- Business Hours - Normal business times aren't always best when it comes to cooling and heating your residence. You may find window air conditioner repair technicians who provide on-call services in case your appliance fails over the weekend and holidays.
- References - Most established repair professionals will provide references from past customers confirming their skills and professionalism. Look at their online reviews to understand how effectively the technician delivers quality repairs and customer satisfaction.
What problem is generally the most common in window air conditioners?
You don't have to wait for the moment your window air conditioner stops working to find repair services in Avondale, Arizona. Assess your appliance for any of these common issues to decide whether calling in an expert is warranted:
- Age - The average window air conditioner will last ten years, though regular repairs can increase its service life to 15 years. Consider hiring an expert to perform preventive maintenance if your unit is nearing its prime, especially if you notice any performance issues.
- Strange Noises - It's normal for a window air conditioner to make a little whistling or humming sounds as it turns on, but any loud bangs, pops, or grinding sounds are indicative of a problem.
- Bad Smells - Any acrid or musty smells emanating from the window air conditioner as it operates could be a sign it should be cleaned and fixed. Wiring issues could result in a fire, and mold may be behind the mildew smell and be a danger to your health.
- Higher Electric Bills - A broken window air conditioner may be using more electricity than is necessary when functioning correctly. Turn to an expert to repair the unit if your electric bills increase more than expected whenever your machine runs.
Hire a Pro Suiting Your Budget and Needs for Window Air Conditioner Repairs in Avondale, Arizona on Thumbtack
Professional window air conditioner repair contractors around Avondale, Arizona are waiting to be hired on Thumbtack. Fixing your portable air conditioning system can be cost-efficient if it's less than ten years old and the repairs don't exceed the cost of buying a new model. With the high price you can expect to pay for a good window air conditioner and the affordable rates provided by repair professionals, you'll be doing a lot of favors for your finances and the comfort of your home's occupants by scheduling a service date as soon as possible.
Window air conditioners are closed cooling appliances made to be placed in a window or a specially designed opening in a wall. These appliances are commonly used to cool individual rooms or small spaces and are popular for home and commercial applications. Much more affordable than installing central air, a window air conditioner can effectively cool and heat a space any time of year. It's common for some components to finally fail from heavy use, though scheduling regular maintenance from a professional to clean and inspect the unit in the spring and fall will help ensure yours stays working when it's needed most.
No matter if you're looking for regularly scheduled maintenance or repairs whenever issues arise, an expert repair professional will have the tools and training to do the task quickly. Contractors specializing in HVAC repair will be licensed to work with regulated substances like refrigerant used in closed cooling systems. A contractor will also have experience working with the many intricate parts within these units and can even clean them to prolong its service life. Things to consider when picking a contractor to do your window air conditioner repairs include professional certification, customer reviews, business hours, and price. Similar information and more is compiled on Thumbtack to let you easily and confidently maintain one of your home's most essential systems.