Find a HVAC Profesional in Selma, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Selma, Alabama. Storms will put a damper on work and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Alabama // Selma
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Selma, Alabama
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Selma, Alabama. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. How can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Regular maintenance services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.