Find a HVAC Profesional in Seale, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire property. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this can really delay the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Seale, Alabama
You can depend on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Seale, Alabama. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, so you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and hire the best professional for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.