Find a HVAC in Robertsdale, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
Which is the perfect season for roofing services?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a good time for roofing services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why winter could be an easier time for services.
Many roofers have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the normal cost per square foot that roofers charge?
Services for your roof can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, the overall cost will change with the products that are being used for the job.
What's the timeframe for a roofing contractor to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
When should I get a roof inspection?
The majority of roofers suggest biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not having an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Robertsdale, AL
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Robertsdale, AL. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, so you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and hire the best professional for the job.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.