Find a HVAC Profesional in Remlap, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this can really stall the project. If bad weather is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a great job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Remlap, AL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Remlap, AL. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Regular maintenance services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.