Find a HVAC in Ragland, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
At which point should I think about getting an inspection for my roof?
Many roofers advise getting biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not getting an inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What should I expect to pay a roofing contractor for a roof replacement?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several things that will influence the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What are the usual costs related to fixing a roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a professional.
Any repairs that are major call for specialized knowledge and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
At which season should I book an appointment for my roofing project?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a popular time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
A lot of roofers are slow during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Ragland, Alabama
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance contractors in Ragland, Alabama. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of licensed roofing companies.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.