Find a HVAC in Orange Beach, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When should I plan to have roofing services performed?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get in touch with a roofer for roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a common time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a more convenient time to schedule.
Many roofers have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
What is the average cost per square foot for roof maintenance services?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products being used and the labor. Of course, the overall cost will differ depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
How long does it typically take to replace a roof?
The time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Orange Beach, AL. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to postpone the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer can come up with the hours for the job.
At what stage should I consider having a roof inspection conducted?
Many roofers suggest biannual inspections for your roof since routine inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Orange Beach, AL
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance companies in Orange Beach, AL. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient solution to hire the right professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined with our app.