Find a HVAC Profesional in New Market, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This is why waiting until winter could be a more convenient time to book.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire home. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential part of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in New Market, AL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in New Market, AL. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other things to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.