Find a HVAC Profesional in New Hope, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This is why waiting until winter could be a more convenient time to call a contractor.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with the heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in New Hope, Alabama
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in New Hope, Alabama. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and find the best professional for the job.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing companies.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.