Find a HVAC Profesional in Morris, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a great time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be a better time for services.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. Even though the weather can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your property. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Morris, Alabama
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Morris, Alabama. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.