Find a HVAC Profesional in Mooresville, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Mooresville, Alabama. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really stall the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several things that will influence the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Mooresville, Alabama
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Mooresville, Alabama. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and find the best candidate for the job.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
No one should deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to assist. With our powerful app, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Mooresville, Alabama. Get the roofing services you need for your property now.