Find a HVAC Profesional in Meridianville, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The average roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to postpone the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Meridianville, AL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Meridianville, AL. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.