Find a HVAC Profesional in Marbury, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your home. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Marbury, AL. Storms will make working conditions awful and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Marbury, AL
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Marbury, AL, there's no better way to find them. The roofing contractors featured on our site have the qualifications you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from leakage or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient way to hire the best contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.