Find a HVAC Profesional in Livingston, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Livingston, AL. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this is going to delay the job. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Usually, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Alabama // Livingston
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Livingston, AL
You can count on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Livingston, AL. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for the job.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Find someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.