Find a HVAC Profesional in Lincoln, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could experience leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in Lincoln, Alabama. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Lincoln, Alabama
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Lincoln, Alabama. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right professional for the job.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy way to find the best contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.