Find a HVAC Profesional in Helena, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such an important component of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a great job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Helena, Alabama
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Helena, Alabama. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and find the best professional for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Find someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.