Find a HVAC Profesional in Gulf Shores, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a good time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This means that waiting until winter could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your home. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential component of your home, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Gulf Shores, AL
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Gulf Shores, AL. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of licensed roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.