Find a HVAC in Grant, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What season is ideal for a roofing project?
Despite what time of year it is, you can contact a roofing contractor for roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a popular time for roofing services, it can be difficult to book time with a roofer. This means that winter could be an easier time for services.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
How much is the rate for most roofers per square foot?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Needless to say, the cost factor will change with the products that are being used for the job.
What's the timeframe to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which time is best to arrange for my roof evaluated?
Many roofing professionals suggest biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not having an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Grant, AL
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Grant, AL. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and hire the right professional for the job.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy option to hire the best companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our app.