Find a HVAC in Grand Bay, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is a good time for scheduling a roofing appointment?
Most roofing professionals suggest biannual inspections for your roof since regular inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
How much does a roofing contractor charge for a roof replacement?
It’s difficult to come up with a precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will establish the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
What should I budget to fix my roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Major repairs do require experience and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the most appropriate season for roofing jobs?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a great time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a roofer. This is why waiting until winter could be a more convenient time to schedule.
A lot of roofers have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Grand Bay, Alabama
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Grand Bay, Alabama. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, which means you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for the job.
It's essential to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy way to hire the right contractors for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.