Find a HVAC Profesional in Grand Bay, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this can really stall the job. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Grand Bay, AL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Grand Bay, AL. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular maintenance services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.