Find a Profesional in Dutton, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When is the best time to set up a roof inspection?
Many roofing professionals suggest twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not having an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
What should I anticipate to pay a roofing contractor for replacement services?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
How much can it cost to repair the roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a contractor.
Any repairs that are major do require experience and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the best time for roofing services?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a common time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a roofer. This is why winter could be an easier time to call a contractor.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Dutton, Alabama
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Dutton, Alabama. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy solution to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our platform.