Find a HVAC Profesional in Dora, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This is why waiting until winter could be an easier time to call a contractor.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire property. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Dora, Alabama
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Dora, Alabama. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Hire someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.